Ingredients for Apple Cage Cookie Recipe
For the dough;
- 250 grams of margarine (at room temperature)
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of starch
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 packet of vanilla
- flour as much
For internal mortar;
- 3 apples
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Half teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of crushed walnuts
For the above;
- Powdered sugar
- First, let’s peel and grate the apples.
- Add the sugar and cook the apples until the juice is gone.
- Then turn off the stove, add the cinnamon and walnuts, mix and let it cool.
- Add the other ingredients except the flour and mix. Let’s add the flour and get a soft dough that does not stick to the hand.
- Let’s take walnut-sized pieces from the dough and open them in a square shape.
- Cut the dough into strips from the edges.
- Let’s put the apple mortar in the middle, cover the empty part on top and close the strips we cut one on top of the other.
- Arrange on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake them in a preheated 170 degree oven until they are lightly browned.
- After the cookies have cooled, sprinkle powdered sugar on them. Enjoy your meal.